Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous

Photo: R. Massaro St. Patrick Church Kent, Ohio

From an account by Mother Mary Carmela, Prioress of the Carmel of Gallipoli:

On the night of the 16th of January, 1910, I was in great suffering, and was also worried about certain grave difficulties. Three o'clock had struck, and, almost worn out, I raised myself somewhat in the bed  in order to breathe more easily, then I fell asleep, and in a dream, it would seem to me, I felt a hand touch me, draw the bedclothes about my face, and cover me up tenderly. I though one of the sisters had come to perform this act of charity.

Mother Mary Carmela, gently protested...but a sweet voice she had never heard before replied,
"No, it is a good act that I am doing. Listen! The Good God makes use of the inhabitants of Heaven, as well as those on earth, in order to assist his servants. Here are 500 francs  with which you will pay the debt of your community. " Taking them from her hand, I answered that the debt only amounted to 300 francs. "Well," she replied, "the rest will be over and above. But as you may not keep the money in your cell, come with me."

Suddenly I found myself outside my cell, in the company of a young Carmelite nun, whose veil and robe shone with a brightness from Paradise...She led me downstairs to the turn room or the palour, and made me open a wooden box wherein was enclosed the bill which had to be paid. There she deposited the 500 francs. I looked at her lovingly,  and threw myself at her feet crying out: "O my holy Mother!"  But she raised me up and caressing me affectionately, replied:"No, I am not our holy Mother St Teresa of Jesus. I am the servant of God, Soeur Therese of Lisieux...Then the angelic sister, putting her hand on my veil as if to adjust it, gave me a sisterly embrace and slowly withdrew. "Wait," I called to her "you might mistake your way." "No, No, she answered with a heavenly smile, "My way is sure, and I am not mistaken in following it."

The next morning the sisters examined the box and found the miraculous sum of 500 francs.
Excerpt from a Carmelite Pamphet

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie
_______________

No comments: