Thursday, July 15, 2021

Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel-Day 9

 

Photo: R. Massaro (c) 2021 Spirit Singing

O Mary, Mother of God and Queen of Carmel, I thank you for having been pleased by your scapular to receive me under your special protection.

I promise that I will always be your faithful child and that I will always honor you and strive to imitate your life of faith and intimate union with your Son.
I beg you dear Mother to be my Patroness and Protectress amid all the dangers of life and to obtain for me the special favor I now implore and the grace of final perseverance.

(Mention your petition)

May the holy scapular which I wear in your honor as a sign of your maternal love and care for me ever remind me to be faithful to you and your Son Jesus.
May you guide me through life, protect me against sin and be a fruitful source of blessings for me from your Son, Jesus.
In the hour of my death, protect me against the assaults of hell, and assist me to arrive safely at the everlasting joys of heaven. Amen.
Mary, Mother of Carmel, pray for us. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray,

O God, you honor the Order of Mount Carmel with the special title of the Most Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, and Mother of your Son. Mercifully grant that through her maternal protection , we may deserve to arrive at everlasting union with You.

Act of Consecration

Most Holy Virgin, Mother of God, Queen Beauty of Carmel, I, this day, while wearing your holy scapular, choose you as my Mother and Queen. In order that my whole life may be entirely devoted to you, I consecrate myself to your Immaculate Heart. May the holy scapular of Carmel which I am resolved to wear day and night until death be for me a mirror of humility and chastity, an emblem of modesty and simplicity, an eloquent symbol of unceasing prayer and a special sign of my consecration to your Immaculate Heart. O illustrious Queen of Carmel, may the holy scapular inspire me to live in the spirit of my consecration all the days of my life. May it keep my body pure and my soul holy and may it lead me under your guidance to that degree of Christian perfection, to which God has called me. Then, when my last hour comes, may this “Sign of Salvation” save me from the fires of hell and the pains of purgatory according to your glorious promises, so that as soon as possible, I may join you, my Mother and Queen in the unending bliss of paradise. Amen.

No comments: