Monday, February 15, 2016


A Prayer by St. Claude Colombiere
Feast Day: February 15

ClaudedelaColombiere.jpg
Photo Source: Wikipedia


My Jesus, you are my true friend,
my only friend,
you take part in all my misfortunes;
you know how to change them into blessings.


You listen to me
With the greatest kindness
When I tell you all my troubles
And you always have something
With which to heal my wounds.


I find you at any time of the day or night
For I find you wherever I happen to be
You never leave me;
If I change my dwelling place
I find you wherever I go
You never weary of listening to me;
You are never tired of doing me good.


I am certain of being loved by you,
If I but love you.
My worldly goods are of no value to you
But by bestowing yours on me
You never grow poorer.


However miserable I may be,
No one more noble or cleverer or even holier
Can come between you and me
And deprive me of your friendship;
And death,
Which tears us away from all other friends,
Will unite me forever to you.


All the humiliations attached to old age
Or the loss of honour
Will never detach you from me;
On the contrary
I shall never enjoy you more fully
And you will never be closer to me,
Than when everything seems to conspire
Against me to overwhelm me,
And cast me down.


You bear with all my faults
With extreme patience,
And even my want of fidelity
And my ingratitude
Do not wound you to such a degree
As to make you unwilling to receive me back
When I return to you.


O Jesus,
Grant that I may die loving you,
That I may die for the love of you.


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: