Thursday, June 30, 2011

CARMELITE QUOTE


From the life of St. Teresa Margaret Redi
of the Sacred Heart of Jesus


" My God, Father,  Son, and Holy Ghost, prostrate before Your Infinite Majesty, I, Theresa Margaret of the Heart of Jesus, the lowest of creatures and the least of Your servants, humbly pray You to accept this act of renewal of the vows already made by me, in private, on the day of solemn commemoration of the most glorious Resurrection, vows that are not perpetual but to endure only for that time set me by obedience. It is my intention that this written renewal cover every good act performed from the time of taking the vows until the end of the period set by obedience. In the possession of that love and that humility which Your divine goodness has put into my heart, in Your presence, dear God, before You, Jesus, my Spouse, before you, Most Holy Mary, my Mother, I summon as witnesses by Guardian Angel, my Protector, Saint Joseph, my dear Mother, Saint Theresa, all the saints who are my advocates, all the Angels, all the Elect, that they may know for time and eternity that the profession I now make, although temporary, may, I hope and desire, become perpetual; furthermore, I call to witness not only all Paradise, but also all hell and its fallen angels, that those powers of perdition may have direct knowledge of the greatness of my love for my crucified Spouse, Jesus.

Spontaneously, then, my dearest God, freely, voluntarily, with the full accord of my will, with greatest joy of heart, I hereby renew, ratify, and re-promise in writing under the form of vow, made directly to You, Obedience, Chastity, and Poverty ...

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
___________________

No comments: