Thursday, June 2, 2011

Carmelite Quote

St. Teresa of Jesus of the Andes
Carmelite Virgin

How happy I feel when I can tell Him: Everything I am belongs to You, my Jesus. My heart must only love You and love souls, since these are sprinkled with your blood. When I sacrifice myself for them, I but sacrifice myself in order to gather up your adorable blood that it not be lost. And so, I do save souls, but without losing sight of You, my divine Star. My intelligence, my thinking, my memory belongs to You. I have no need to know created things nor to study human wisdom. You are my Wisdom, my book of eternal Truth. My body too, I have come to offer up, because I love You, and because from the cross You teach me to crucify it.


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
_______________________

No comments: