Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday of Holy Week

Carmelite Quote
Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity

I believe that the people who are the really happy ones in this world are those who have enough contempt and forgetfulness of self to choose the cross as their portion!


What marvelous peace we have
when we find our joy in suffering!


(St. Peter in Chains)

'By means of my physical sufferings I am helping to complete what still remains of Christ's sufferings on behalf of his body, the church' (Colossians 1:24)

(Beheading of St. Paul)
This is what happiness is for St. Paul!

I keep thinking about this, and I must confess that I have a deep inner joy in thinking that God has chosen me to share in Christ's passion, and that this road to Calvary that I walk each day is becoming more and more the path to heaven!






Holy Week Resources

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie
__________________

No comments: