Monday, January 1, 2018

SOLEMNITY OF MARY, THE HOLY MOTHER OF GOD



As Secular Carmelites we are called to imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary who pondered the Word in her heart.  As we celebrate the Word made flesh in this Christmas season, let us renew our devotion to our Mother, Mary, who is Queen and beauty of Carmel.  

If you have made the total consecration to Mary according to the teaching of St. Louis de Montfort, I would encourage you to renew your total consecration to her on this feast day. It is said that Pope St. John Paul II recited the entire total consecration prayer to Our Lady every day!  Perhaps, we could say a shorter version of the consecration prayer each day:

Oh Mary, my queen and my mother, I give myself entirely to you. And to show my devotion to you, I consecrate to you this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being, without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am yours, keep me and guard me, as your own property and possession. Amen.

Photo: R. Massaro Sacred Heart Bethlehem, Ohio (C)2018 Spirit Singing

Please enjoy this beautiful excerpt from one of my favorite books: 
Pilgrims with Mary.


Let us go on pilgrimage to the heart of Mary. Out of the darkness of this world we pass through the gateway of the enclosed garden to find ourselves in a garden of delights. Here is an unending variety of rarest flowers always in bloom--the virtues that flourish in her Immaculate Heart.

The Heart of Mary beats with the most pure love. Men would love God with their lips but their hearts are often far from him. Mary's heart never went astray...Right through life every joy and sorrow experienced by the Heart of Jesus found its echo in the heart of his Mother.

Pilgrims with Mary by Fr. John Moloney, P.P.





Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: