Saturday, September 24, 2022

SATURDAY OF OUR LADY

Photo: R. Massaro Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Buckeye Lake, Ohio



The Virgin Mary is present in a special way, most of all as a model of faithfulness in listening to the Lord and in service to Him and to others. Mary is the one who preserved in her heart the life and actions of her Son and meditated on them, providing for us an example of contemplation. At Cana she counseled to do what the Lord commanded. Mary is an example of apostolic service. On another occasion, she waited, persevering in prayer with the apostles, for the coming of the Holy Spirit, thus giving witness to intercessory prayer. She is the Mother of the Order, Secular Carmel enjoys her special protection and cultivates a sincere Marian devotion.
The Constitutions of the Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites (Washington Province) I:4


A PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF MOUNT CAMEL

O, most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel,
Fruit of the Vine, splendorous of Heaven.
Blessed Mother of the Son of God,
Immaculate Virgin,
assist me in this my necessity.

O, Star of the Sea, help me
and show herein you are my mother.

O, Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth,
I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart
to succour me in my necessity.

There are none that can withstand your power,
O, show me here you are my mother.

O, Mary, conceived without sin,
pray for us who have recourse to Thee.
Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands.

Amen.











Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: