Tuesday, September 2, 2014

CARMELITE QUOTE

 A Poem by Bl. Titus Brandsma
Carmelite and Martyr


titusocarm.jpg
Photo Source: www.o.carm.org


Before a Picture of Jesus in My Cell

A new awareness of Thy love
Encompasses my heart:
Sweet Jesus, I in Thee and Thou
In me shall never part.

No grief shall fall my way but I
Shall see Thy grief-filled eyes;
The lonely way that Thou once walked
Has made me sorrow-wise.

All trouble is a white-lit joy,
That lights my darkest day;
Thy love has turned to brightest light
This night-like way.

If I have Thee alone,
The hours will bless
With still, cold hands of love
My utter loneliness.

Stay with me, Jesus,only stay;
I shall not fear
If, reaching out my hand,
I feel Thee near.






Prayer:

Lord our God,
source and giver of life,
you gave to Blessed Titus
the Spirit of courage
to proclaim human dignity
and the freedom of the Church
even in the throes of degrading
persecution and death.
Grant us that same Spirit
so that in the coming of your 
kingdom of justice and peace
we might never be ashamed 
of the Gospel
but be enabled to recognize 
your loving-kindness in all the
events of our lives.
We pray through Christ our Lord.
Amen.


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, ocds


No comments: