Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CARMELITE QUOTE


Photo:R.Massaro(c)2013SpiritSinging
Carmelite Monastery Cleveland, Ohio

The day chosen for my entrance into Carmel was April 9, 1888, the same day the community was celebrating the feast of the Annunciation, transferred because of Lent. The evening before, the whole family gathered round the table where I was to sit for the last time. Ah! how heartrending these family reunions can really be! When you would like to see yourself forgotten, the most tender caresses and words are showered upon you, making the sacrifice of separation felt all the more.

Papa was not saying very much, but his gaze was fixed upon me lovingly. Aunt cried from time to time and Uncle paid me many affectionate compliments...

On the morning of the great day, casting a last look upon Les Buissonnets, that beautiful cradle of my childhood which I was never to see again, I left on my dear King's arm to climb Mount Carmel.
The Story of a Soul




Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

1 comment:

Friends of Jesus said...

So your Birthday falls on St. Teresa's entrance to Carmel. Very interesting.