Monday, June 25, 2012

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous


Photo: R. Massaro St. Teresa of Avila Church Sheffield Lake, Ohio
 From the life of St. Teresa of Jesus (Avila):

While at the Incarnation in the second year that I was prioress, on the octave of the feast of St. Martin, when I was receiving Communion, Father John of the Cross who was giving me the Blessed Sacrament broke the host to provide for another Sister. I thought there was no lack of hosts but that he wanted to mortify me...His Majesty said to me: "Don't fear, daughter, for no one will be a party to separating you from Me." making me thereby understand that what just happened didn't matter. Then He appeared to me in an imaginative vision, as at other times, very interiorly, and He gave me His right hand and said: "Behold this nail; it is a sign you will be My bride from today on. Until now you have not merited this; from now on not only will you look after My honor as being the honor of your Creator, King, and God, but you will look after it as My true bride. My honor is yours, and yours Mine." This favor produced such an effect in me I couldn't contain myself, and I remained as though entranced...Throughout the whole day I remained thus very absorbed. Afterward I felt great pain, and greater confusion and affliction at seeing I don't render any service in exchange for such amazing favors.
Spiritual Testimonies, No. 31




Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds

No comments: