Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous

From the life of St. Teresa of Jesus (Avila):

On Palm Sunday after Communion, my faculties remained in such deep suspension that I couldn’t even swallow the host;and, holding it in my mouth, after I returned a little to myself, it truly seemed to me that my entire mouth was filled with blood. I felt that my face and all the rest of me was also covered with this blood,as though the Lord had just then finished shedding it. It seemed to me warm, and the sweetness I then experienced was extraordinary. The Lord said to me:Daughter, I want my blood to be beneficial to you, and don’t be afraid that My mercy will fail you. I shed it with many sufferings, and you enjoy it with the great delight you are aware of; I repay you well for the banquet you prepare me this day.”

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
_____________________

No comments: