Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Carmelite Quote




From St. Therese's Act of Oblation
to the Merciful Love of God

I thank you, O my God! for all the graces you have granted me, especially the grace of making me pass through the crucible of suffering. It is with joy I shall contemplate You on the Last Day carrying the scepter of Your Cross. Since you deigned to give me a share in this very precious Cross, I hope in heaven to resemble You and to see shining in my glorified body the sacred stigmata of Your Passion.

After earth's exile, I hope to go and enjoy You in the Fatherland,but I do not want to lay up merits for heaven. I want to work for Your Love alone with one purpose of pleasing You, consoling Your Sacred Heart, and saving souls who will love You eternally.

In the evening of this life, I shall appear before you with empty hands,for I do not ask you, Lord, to count my works, All our justice is stained in Your eyes. I wish, then, to be clothed in Your own justice and to receive from Your love the eternal possession of Yourself. I want no other Throne, no other Crown but You, my Beloved!

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
______________________

No comments: