Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous


From A Story of A Soul: St. Therese of the Child Jesus recounts her miraculous healing during prayer to Our Lady--now known as Our Lady of the Smile.

On the Sunday, during the novena for me in Paris, Marie went into the garden leaving me with Leonie who was sitting reading near the window. After a minute or two I began calling, almost in a whisper: "Marie, Marie!"...I was suffering intensely but Marie suffered even more. She tried in vain to make me recognize her. Then, with Leonie and Celine, she knelt by my bed. They gazed toward the statue of the Blessed Virgin and prayed to her with all the passion of a mother asking for the life of her child. Marie got her desire. I could find no help on earth, so I also turned to my heavenly Mother and beseeched her to have pity on me. Suddenly the Blessed Virgin glowed with a beauty beyond anything I had ever seen. Her face was alive with kindness and an infinite tenderness, but it was her enchanting smile which really moved me to the depths. My pain vanished and two great tears crept down my cheeks--tears of pure joy.














Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

1 comment:

RAnn said...

I'm writing to you because you've participated in the now-defunct Catholic Carnival. I'd be interested in continuing it, but as a meme, not a carnival. Rather than submitting a post to a carnival host, who would compile them and publish them, I propose to publish weekly, on my blog, a post titled St. Blog's Sunday Snippets highlighting any posts I would have submitted to the Catholic Carnival and inviting others to create similar posts on thier blogs, link to my post and leave a comment on my post giving a link to your post. If it isn't clear what I mean, check out my blog and look for the Mailbox Monday posts. My post is on my blog, and you'll see a link to the host blog. On the host blog, you'll see the master post, and all the links folks have left in the comments.

This is a lot less work than a carnival and would allow you to use your Sunday Snippets post to highlight and link to one or more of your posts and to any great links you have found that week.

I have set up a yahoo group from which I will post weekly reminders. Please subscribe if you are interested. Thanks. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunday_snippets

RAnn

http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com