Friday, February 20, 2009

Spiritual Life Dictionary


Today's Term: Spiritual Communion


A great desire to receive the Holy Eucharist when one is not able to do so. Spiritual Communion consists of acts of love and thanksgiving.


ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION

O my Jesus! I believe that you are truly present in the most holy Sacrament of the Altar. I love you above all things, and I desire to be united to you with my whole soul; but since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart,--I embrace you as if you were really present with me; I unite myself wholly to you. Never let me be separated from you. Amen.

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rose, we must be on the same wave-length -- the Lord's, I pray!!! Spiritual Communions help us realize who we are in Christ and what we're about. We too easily "lose ourselves" in the busy-ness of day-to-day affairs. This is the constant work our Lord desires of us. Thanks for the confirmation!