Thursday, January 15, 2009

Catechism Quote



Catechism-#1014

The Church encourages us to prepare ourselves for the hour of our death. In the litany of the saints, for instance, she has us pray: "From a sudden an unforeseen death, deliver us, O Lord", to ask the Mother of God to intercede for us "at the hour of our death" in the Hail Mary; and to entrust ourselves to St. Joseph the patron of a happy death.

From the Rule of Life for the
Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites:

1. At the time of death:

a. The Community will have a Mass offered.
b. The Community will pray together:

1. Evening Prayer of the dead, with a particular reference to the deceased member as well as to all the deceased of the Order; or
2. The Rosary; or
3. Other suitable prayers.
c. Each member will, if possible, have Mass offered or participate in a Mass and receive Holy
Communion for the deceased.

2. For the deceased members of the entire Order:
Carmelites should remember the deceased members of the Order in their daily prayers.
(Sec. 12, Article 9)

I found this prayer to Our Lady in an old Byzantine prayer book that belonged to my grandmother.

Consecrating the Last Three Hours of our Life to Mary

To Thee, O Mother of my soul, I consecrate the last Three Hours of my life. When death cuts the thread of my life, give my soul to Jesus and say: "I love it." This alone will be enough to obtain for me the benediction of my God and the happiness of seeing Thee for all eternity. Amen.

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS











No comments: