Friday, June 25, 2010

Carmelite Quote

From the Life of St. Teresa of Jesuss (Avila)

 It often happens that our Lord draws souls away from serious sin and also that He leads others to greater perfection because of my beseeching Him. The Lord has granted me so many favors by freeing souls from purgatory and doing other noteworthy things that I would tire myself and tire whoever reads this if I mentioned them all. He has granted much more in regard to the health of souls than He has in regard to the health of bodies. This has become something well known, and there are many witnesses to it. At the beginning it made me very scrupulous because I couldn't help believing that the Lord granted these favors because of my prayer--setting aside the main fact of His doing them solely out of His goodness.But now there are so many cases, and they are so obvious to other persons, that it doesn't bother me to believe this. I praise His Majesty...
The Book of Her Life Chapter 39, No. 5

In these years of preparation to 2015 when the Carmelite Order will celebrate the 500 anniversary of the birth of St. Teresa, let us pray for her intercession for our needs and the needs of our families.  If the Lord granted her many favors while she was living in this world, imagine what he will do for her now that she is with him face to face in heaven!  Let us pray for many graces to be poured out on the Carmelite Order during this time of preparation. Let us pray for the conversion of sinners and that many many souls will come to love His Majesty!



Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS
________________________

No comments: