Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday in the Year for Priests


Speaking to his intimate friends, Father Vianney once said: "God did me the great favor of not endowing me with anything on which I could rely--neither talent, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, nor strength, nor virtue...When I look at myself, I discover within me only my poor sins. And even then the good God does not permit me to see them all, or to know myself completely. Such a sight would drive me to despair. I have no other resource against this temptation to despair than to throw myself at the foot of the tabernacle like a little dog at his master's feet."
From the Remarkable Cure of Ars by Michel de Saint Pierre



Please keep in your prayers those seminarians who will be ordained to the priesthood in May and June in dioceses throughout the world.


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie
_____________________

No comments: