Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Novena

Prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel


O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein that you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this my necessity. There are none that can withstand your power. O show me herein that you are my Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us that have recourse to thee. (3 times)

Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands.

First Day


O most glorious and Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt. Carmel! I, an unworthy wearer of your holy Scapular, confident however that the Church does not call you in vain the "Refuge of Sinners," do implore you to make me aware of the favors you have bestowed upon me, by promoting the welfare of your holy Order, that being truly contrite for past offenses, I may by your aid and assistance, break the chains of my slavery, and live from this day forward in the happy liberty of the children of God. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit, live and reign, one God, world without end. Amen.



Second Day


O glorious Queen of Angels! Most pure and ever Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt. Carmel! Powerful advocate of all those who wear your holy Scapular! Faithful Protectress of all the servants of your Son Jesus Christ! I, an unworthy sinner, do this day, in the presence of your beloved Son, my Savior, choose you for my Mother, that through your intercession, I may receive from Him whatsoever grace may be necessary and profitable for me now, and at the hour of my death. Amen.



Third Day


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you o Virgin of Virgins, my mother. Before you I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.



Fourth Day


O most Glorious and ever Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt. Carmel! I, your unworthy child , aware of the favors you enjoy with God, humbly present myself before you, and beg that you would intercede and obtain for me true contrition and repentance, and undefiled purity of heart, and a conscience free from sin and all offense against God; direct me, I implore you, in all my actions during life, and in that awful moment when my poor soul departs from my body, conduct it into the presence of thy Son, there to sing His praises forever and ever. Amen.



Fifth Day


O most glorious Virgin Mother, who, by favor of your divine Son has so great power in heaven and on earth, enlighten my blindness and strengthen my resolution. The zeal you have in promoting the welfare of your sacred Order, and the part you take in seeing the grace of our Redeemer abound in us, give me a right to your interest in this my request; and when the hour of death approaches, be to me, I implore you, a tender Mother, and by your prayers dispose your Son Jesus Christ favorably in my regard. Amen.



Sixth Day


O most glorious and ever Virgin Mary of Mt. Carmel, I offer to you this day, all my thoughts, words and actions: I am weak and sinful, dejected and cast down at every trial. O Mother of Mercy and refuge of sinners you will not reject a contrite and humble heart. Intercede for me, I implore you, that I may so live in this sinful world, that at the hour of death I may be worthy to be admitted into the presence of the Blessed. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, who , with the father and the Holy Spirit, live and reign, one God, world without end. Amen.



Seventh Day


O most Holy Mary of Mt. Carmel, pray for me, I implore you, that through the merits of your Son, I may enjoy perpetual health of mind and body, and that I may serve him faithfully in this life, and hereafter see, love, and enjoy Him in the kingdom of His glory. Who, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, live and reign, one God, forever and ever. Amen.



Eighth Day


O most glorious and ever Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt. Carmel, faithful Patron of all those who wear your holy Scapular, behold your poor servant humbly prostrate at your feet, imploring your prayers, and imploring you to protect her through the stormy ocean of this tempestuous world; hear my prayers then, O refuge of sinners, and after this our exile show unto us the Blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O most clement, O most loving, O most sweet Virgin Mary!



Ninth Day


O Blessed Finder of Grace, Mother of Life, Mother of Salvation! May we through you have access to your Son; and may He, Who was given us through you, receive us through you. May your integrity and innocence excuse before Him the stain of our corruption; may your abundant charity cover the multitude of our sins, and your glorious fruitfulness supply our want of merits. Our Mother, our Mediatrix, our Advocate, reconcile us to your Son, commend us to your Son, present us to your Son; by the grace with which you are honored, obtain that He, who through you put on our weakness, may, through you, make us partakers of His glory. Amen.



No comments: