Thursday, October 1, 2015

Carmelite Feast Days

ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS AND 
OF THE HOLY FACE
VIRGIN AND DOCTOR OF THE CHURCH
FEAST DAY: OCTOBER 1




To be Your Spouse, to be a Carmelite, and by my union with You to be the Mother of souls, should not this suffice me? And yet it is not so. No doubt, these three privileges sum up my true vocation: Carmelite, Spouse, Mother, and yet I feel within me other vocations. I feel the vocation of the WARRIOR, THE PRIEST, THE APOSTLE, THE DOCTOR, THE MARTYR. Finally, I feel the need and the desire of carrying out the most heroic deeds for You, O Jesus. I feel within my soul the courage of the Crusader, the Papal Guard, and I would want to die on the field of battle in defense of the Church.
St. Therese of Lisieux Her Last Conversations, John Clark, o.c.d.,Washington, D.C. ICS, 1997.






Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: