Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Imitation of Christ

Photo: R. Massaro-Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine-N. Jackson, Ohio

Book 3: Interior Conversation
Resting in God Above All Things

Chapter 21

Disciple:

Above all things and in all things rest, my soul, in the Lord, your God, for He is the eternal rest of the Angels and Saints. O most loving Jesus, give me this special grace to rest in You above all created things; above all health and beauty, above all glory and honor, above all dignity and power, above all knowledge and prudence, above all riches and talents, above all joy and gladness, above all fame and praise, above all sweetness and consolation, above all hope and promise, above all merit and desire, above all gifts and rewards that You may give or send--except Yourself--above all joy or happiness that the human mind and heart can grasp or feel; above Angels and Archangels, above all the heavenly hosts as well; above all things visible and invisible, and above all that is not You, my God...

Others may seek whatever they please, but there is nothing that pleases me--nor ever shall--but You, my God, my hope and my eternal salvation...


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, ocds

No comments: