Saturday, August 24, 2013

SATURDAY OF OUR LADY

OUR LADY HEALTH OF THE SICK
FEAST DAY: AUGUST 24

Photo: R. Massaro(c)2013SpiritSinging
Sorrowful Mother Shrine, Bellevue, Ohio


Prayers to Our Lady Health of the Sick:


Our Lady, Health of the Sick,
I look to you for the comfort of a mother's love,
I pray to you on behalf of those who are suffering
and for my own healing needs.

Mary,
your love strengthens me
and brings me peace.

Our Lady, Health of the Sick,
embrace all who are emotionally and physically ill
that they may return to good health
under your tender care.
And please intercede for my very special needs
(mention your needs here).

Mary,
your love strengthens me
and brings me peace.


A Prayer for the Sick and Afflicted
From the Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio

Dearest Mary, Mother of Consolation, please join your prayers to my own. Look upon my difficulties with love and help me to understand and accept them.

Loving Mother, Health of the Sick, I grow so impatient. There are many days when I grow so weary of this affliction. Many are the times when, in my heart, I cry out to God and ask Him, Why me? What did I do to deserve this distress?

At times, Mary, the pain and hurt invade my very spirit, placing a veil between my God and myself. Please help me to overcome these days, Mary. In your gentle kindness, help me to see and feel the unending love of God, which I know is always there.

You accepted and lived the will of Our Father in your life. Help me to accept the Father’s will for me, for I know that in His will is love.

Dear Mother of Consolation, help me by your prayers to be freed from this affliction if it be God’s will. Above all else, teach me to accept my difficulty and to see in this a deepening union with your Son, through His cross, that blessed sign of His special love for me. Amen.









Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds

No comments: