Thursday, March 21, 2013

CARMELITE QUOTE



Photo:R.Massaro(2013)SpritSinging

Little Flower Church N.Canton, Oh.

Peaceful was the night and deep the silence
When my boat set sail on the open sea,
Gliding over the boundless ocean on the loveliest
   of journeys.

All was hushed beneath the vault of heaven
As if listening to the voice of the Eternal.
Suddenly the waves arose, engulfing my light
   barque--

It was the Trinity opening out to me:
In that divine abyss I found my deepest center.
No more will you find me at the water's edge;
I have plunged into infinity, where I belong.
With my Three I live at peace, in the wide
   freedom of eternity



Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity, 1906



CARMELITE NUNS OF CHILE
MONASTERY OF MARY, MOTHER OF THE CHURCH


http://www.carmelitasdescalzasmelipilla.cl/paginas/galeria_hermanas/DSC_1771%20%5b320x200%5d.jpg





Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: