Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CARMELITE QUOTE




From a holy card I received in France, where
great devotion to St. Maravillas exists

I consider myself to be a mere nothing, so incapable of any virtue. But it seems to me as if the Lord wants me to let all this nothingness be lost in him, and for him to live in me. For a while I have had a sort of attraction just to stay loving and adoring the Lord whom I feel in the deepest recesses of my soul, however obscure and hidden he may be. It's as if I am aware of someone better inside me. It's like the different dwellings of the soul that St. Teresa speaks about. Father, could it be the case that what the Lord wants of me is to remain like this, loving and adoring him in greater or lesser emptiness, in sorrow or in joy, just observing how he can do whatever he likes in the center of this soul, just letting him work?
(Letter to Fr. Torres-1932)







Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds

No comments: