Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday of Our Lady




OUR LADY OF CONSOLATION
FEAST DAY: JANUARY 21(in Rome)

Our Lady of Consolation-Carey, Ohio Photo: R.Massaro
 Prayer to Our Lady of Consolation:

 O Mary Immaculate, our Mother and Consolation, I take refuge in thy most loving heart with all the confidence of which I am capable; thou shalt be the dearest object of my love and veneration. To thee, who art the dispenser of the treasures of Heaven, I shall always have recourse in my sorrows to have peace, in my doubts to have light, in my dangers to be defended, in all my needs to obtain thy ssistance. Be therefore my refuge, my strength, my consolation, O Mary the Consoler! At the hour of my death, graciously receive the last sighs of my heart and obtain for me a place in thy heavenly home, where all hearts shall praise with one accord the adorable Heart of Jesus for ever more as well as thy most lovable heart, O Mary. Our tender Mother, Comforter of the afflicted, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Grant also peace and holiness to the Church, through Jesus Christ, thy Son, our Lord. Amen.
 
Here in Ohio, we have a shrine to Our Lady of Consolation located in Carey. The feast day to our Lady under this title is celebrated at the shrine on May 25th.  Please visit their website for more details about the devotion to our Lady under this title and for more information about the shrine.

You can visit their website at:
http://www.olcshrine.com/

View a video clip about the shrine produced by the shrine:
 http://www.olcshrine.com/basilica-and-national-shrine-of-our-lady-of-consolation-dvd.html







Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds

No comments: