Monday, May 14, 2012

Carmelite Quote





ST. TERESA OF JESUS OF THE ANDES:

...The other day He talked to me about poverty, telling me that I should try to possess neither my own will or judgment, because for the time being I really can't be poor. Then He told me that I should be attached to nothing. But all this was done wordlessly, because He made me understand all these things interiorly, and also made me realize that I was attached to sensible feelings of fervor. He made me understand that I'd been making divine union consist of a sensitive love, but that I was to imitate His divine perfections, becoming more and more like Him, and suffering greatly for love of Him, being crucified like Him.

I'm telling you everything happening in my soul, Rev. Father, so that you can give me your advice.
(From a letter written to Fr. Julian Cea Riquelme Feb. 27, 1919)






Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds

No comments: