Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Carmelite Quote


St. Teresa of Jesus (Avila)

O my delight, Lord of all created things and my God! How long must I wait to see You? What remedy do You provide for one who finds so little on earth that might give some rest apart from You? O long life! O painful life! O life that is not lived! Oh, what lonely solitude; how incurable! Well, when, Lord, when? How long? What shall I do, my God, what shall I do? Should I , perhaps, desire not to desire You? Oh, my God and my Creator, You wound and You do not supply the medicine; You wound and the sore is not seen; You kill, leaving one with more life! In sum, my Lord, being powerful You do what You will. Well, my God, do You want so despicable a worm to suffer these contradictions? Let it be so, my God, since You desire it, for I desire nothing but to love You.
Excerpt from Soliloquies No. 6

Bernini's Ecstasy of St. Teresa

Bernini, Ecstasy of St. Theresa from Smarthistory Videos on Vimeo.




Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
____________________

No comments: