Saturday, October 1, 2011

Carmelite Saint of the Day


ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS
AND OF THE HOLY FACE
VIRGIN AND DOCTOR OF THE CHURCH


Therese Martin was born in Alencon in France in 1873. While still young she entered the Carmel of Lisieux, where she lived in the greatest humility, evangelical simplicity and confidence in God. By her words and example she taught the novices these same virtues. Offering her life for the salvation of souls and the spread of the Church, she died on September 30, 1897.

An excerpt from St. Therese's  Act of Oblation to the Merciful Love of God:

O my God! Most Blessed Trinity, I desire to love you and make you loved, to work for the glory of Holy Church by savings souls on earth and liberating those suffering in purgatory. I desire to accomplish your will perfectly and to reach the degree of glory you have prepared for me in your Kingdom. I desire, in a word, to be a saint, but I feel my helplessness and I beg you, O my God! to be Yourself my sanctity!

Lauds (Morning Prayer) from the Carmel
in Lisieux, France-Feast of St. Therese (2009)

http://youtu.be/_ZY6pz4eMMQ

RAIN OF ROSES
SUNG BY PADDY KELLY






Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
____________________

No comments: