Friday, August 9, 2013

CARMELITE SAINT OF THE DAY

St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross
(Edith Stein)


The year 1933 was designated by the Church as a Holy Year to commemorate the 1900th anniversary of the death of Jesus Christ. During Mass on the First Friday of April that year, Edith discusses further her awareness that she was to carry the cross for her Jewish people. "I talked with the Savior and told Him that I knew that it was His cross that was now being placed upon the Jewish people; that most of them did not understand this, but that those who did, would have to take it up willingly in the name of all. I would do that. He should only show me how. At the end of the service I was certain that I had been heard. But what this carrying of the cross was to consist in, that I did not yet know."
(Selected Writitngs, 17).







Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
____________________


No comments: