Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous


St. Teresa of Jesus (Avila) speaking from experience
about the Indwelling of the Holy Trinity.
From the Interior Castle, the Seventh Mansion:

By some mysterious manifestation of the truth, the three Persons of the most Blessed Trinity reveal themselves, preceded by an illumination which shines on the spirit like a most dazzling cloud of light.*
The three Persons are distinct from one another; a sublime knowledge is infused into the soul, imbuing it with a certainty of the truth that the Three are of one substance, power, and knowledge and are one God. Thus that which we hold as a doctrine of faith, the soul now, so to speak, understands by sight, though it beholds the Blessed Trinity neither by the eys of the body nor of the soul, this being no imaginary vision. All the Three Persons here communicate Themselves to the soul, speak to it and make it understand the words of our Lord in the Gospel that He and the Father and the Holy Ghost will come and make their abode with the soul which loves Him and keeps His commandments.

Deposition by Fr. Giles Gonzales, S.J. Provincial of Old Castile, afterwards Assistant-General in Rome: "While the holy Mother lived at the convent of the Incarnation of Avila, I often spoke with her, and once I remember she asked me: "What am I to do, Father? Whenever I recollect myself I realize that already in this life the Three Persons of the Blessed Trinity may be seen, and that They accompany me and assist me in the management of my affairs."

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
____________________

No comments: