Sunday, January 16, 2011

CARMELITE QUOTE



From the life of St. Teresa Margaret Redi of the Sacred Heart:


The holy resolutions of St. Teresa Margaret (part 1):


Reflecting on the purpose for which You, my God, have called me out of nothing into the happy state of Religion, I propose and resolve to devote myself, in future, with great courage, to a complete reform of myself, and truly and utterly to despoil myself of all my inclinations that I may adhere more closely and only to You.


As to the means which You, my God, have given me for my sanctification, I resolve, in future, to regard them with greater esteem, irrespective of their possible minuteness, and to make use of them in all diligence for no other end than Your own great glory, and that I may the better serve You and love You in the way and manner which You, my Jesus, through Your love for the Father have set for me...in this I shall be constant, for without perseverance there is no salvation.


Having weighed carefully the truth that one cannot be called Your true Spouse, my Jesus, unless the predominant passions be checked, I resolve with all my heart to practice, at all costs, continuous abnegation of my own will and entire an immediate obedience in all things great and small, for I have learned from You, my God, that You made Yourself obedient under unbearably harsh conditions, conditions under which I shall never be placed. 


In consideration of the fact that my neighbors, O my God, are images of You, made like unto You, the products of Your divine love and the price of Your blood, I shall never, in future, look upon them with other than eyes of true charity, in accordance with Your own command; I now propose to sympathize with them on all occasions, to hide and excuse their defects, to speak of them always with esteem, and finally never to fail, knowingly, in love for them in thought, word, or deed.



Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, ocds
_____________________

No comments: