Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous





From the Story of a Soul
By St. Therese of the Child Jesus

The time came for me to take the habit...Have I told you, Mother, of how much I love snow?  Its whiteness fascinated me even when I was a tiny child...So, on the day I received the habit, I longed to see the world dressed in white like me. But on the day before it was as mild as spring and I gave up all hope of snow...As I stepped back into the enclosure the first thing I saw was the statue of the Child Jesus smiling at me from the midst of flowers and light of candles. Then, turning towards the quadrangle, I saw it was completeely covered with snow! How considerate of Jesus! He sent the snow to satisfy the longing of His little bride.  Could any man, however powerful, make a single snowflake fall to please his beloved? Everyone was astonished at the snow and thought it most remarkable because of the warm weather. Since then, many who knew how I'd longed for it, have spoken of the "little miracle" of my Clothing Day, though they thought my love of snow was peculiar.

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie
____________________

No comments: