Friday, February 12, 2010

St. John of the Cross-Sayings of Light & Love


Saying #43

Bear in mind that your flesh is weak and that no worldly thing can comfort or strengthen your spirit, for what is born of the world is world and what is born of the flesh is flesh. The good spirit is born only of the Spirit of God, who communicates himself neither through the world nor through the flesh.

Act of Consecration to the Holy Spirit

Receive, O Holy Spirit of Love, the perfect and absolute consecration of my whole being which I make to Thee this day, in order that henceforth, at every moment of my life and in each of my actions,Thou mayest deign to be my Director, my Light, my Guide, my Strength, and all the Love of my heart. I abandon myself without reserve to Thy Divine operations, and I wish to be always responsive to Thy holy inspirations.

O Holy Spirit deign to form me, with Mary and in Mary, according to the model of our Divine Jesus.
Glory be tot he Father, the Creator Glory be to the Son, the Redeemer, Glory be to the Holy Spirit, the Sanctifier.



Peace be with you!
Rosemarie
_______________________

No comments: