Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday of Our Lady




Mary, the all-holy ever-virgin Mother of God, is the masterwork of the mission of the Son and the Spirit in the fullness of time. For the first time in the plan of salvation and because his Spirit had prepared her, the Father found the dwelling place where his Son and his Spirit could dwell among men. In this sense the Church's Tradition has often read the most beautiful texts on wisdom in relation to Mary, Mary is acclaimed and represented in the liturgy as the "Seat of Wisdom."

In her,the "wonders of God" that the Spirit was to fulfill in Christ and the Church began to be manifested.
Catechism #721



The Holy spirit prepared Mary by his grace. It was fitting that the mother of him in whom "the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" should herself be "full of grace." She was, by her grace, conceived without sin as the most humble of creatures, the most capable of welcoming the inexpressible gift of the Almighty. It was quite correct for the angel Gabriel to greet her a the "Daughter of Zion": "Rejoice," It is the thanksgiving of the whole People of God, and thus of the Church, which Mary in her canticle lifts up to the Father in the Holy Spirit while carrying within her the eternal Son.
Catechism #722


ACT OF CONSECRATION TO OUR LADY OF THE BLESSED TRINITY
With all my heart I praise you, Most Holy Virgin, above all angels and saints in paradise, Daughter of the Eternal Father, and I consecrate to you my soul with all its faculties.
HAIL MARY


With all my heart I praise you, Most Holy Virgin, above all angels and saints in paradise, beloved Mother of the Son of God. I consecrate to you my body with all its senses.
HAIL MARY


With all my heart I praise you, Most Holy Virgin, above all angels and saints in paradise, beloved Spouse of the Holy Spirit. I consecrate to you my heart with all its affections and beseech you to obtain for me from the Most Holy Trinity all the graces necessary for Salvation.
HAIL MARY

The Act of Consecration to the Blessed Trinity comes from a prayer given an imprimatur by Francis Cardinal Spellman, Archbishop of New York, in February 7, 1963.


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie
_____________________

No comments: