Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stained Glass Flowers-Little Accounts of the Miraculous

From the Life of St. Teresa of Jesus(Avila):

That night I had a fit, which left me unconscious for nearly four days. During that time they gave me the Sacrament of Unction, and from hour to hour, from moment to moment, thought I was dying; they did nothing but repeat the Creed to me, as though I could have understood any of it. There must have been times when they were sure I was dead, for afterwards I actually found some wax on my eyelids...

For a day and a half there was an open grave in my convent, where they were awaiting my body, and in one of the monasteries of our Order, some way from here, they had performed the rites for the dead. But it pleased the Lord that I should return to consciousness. I wished to go to confession. I communicated with many tears...


The fact is, when I come to this point, and realize how the Lord seems to have raised me from the dead, I am so amazed that inwardly I am almost trembling.
The Life of Teresa of Jesus, Chapter 5, Translated by E. Allison Peers


Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS




No comments: