Thursday, June 18, 2009

Carmelite Quote


St. Theresa Margaret Redi of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Yes, my God, You know well that no other longing have I than to be a victim of Your Sacred Heart, entirely consumed as a Holocaust in the furnace of Your holy love.

Your Heart shall be the altar of this my consummation in You, O my God; and you shall be the priest Who shall immolate this victim in the furnace of Your holy love.

Therefore, O my God, inspire me to make myself in everything like to you, in as far as I can; particularly do I desire to imitate you in those virtues most pleasing to your most amiable Heart, that is humility, gentleness, obedience.

Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, filled with infinite love, broken by my ingratitude, pierced by my sins, yet loving me still--accept the consecration that I make to You of all that I am and all that I have. Take every faculty of my soul and body. Draw me, day by day, nearer and nearer to your Sacred Heart, and there, as I can bear the lesson, teach me Your blessed ways. Amen.

The Feast of the Sacred Heart is Friday, June 19, 2009. The beginning of the "Year For Priests" proclaimed by His Holiness, Benedict XVI.



Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: