Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tabernacle of the week


Our Lady of Consolation Shrine
Carey, Ohio
Side Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows


Prayer for a Happy Death


O Mary, my good Mother, after Jesus you are my hope and consolation. By your protection make me persevere in my firm determination to offend God no more and to prefer a thousand deaths to the deliberate commission of one mortal sin! Obtain for me the grace of final perseverance, and grant that I may remember to ask for it during the time of temptation at the hour of death. You are the refuge of sinners and our perennial help. Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for me.


O Mother of Jesus, I offer you the last day, last hour and last moment of my life, and everything that shall take place in me at that last moment--in honor of the last moment, hour and day of your life, and of all that occurred in you on that day. If it pleases you, unite me with all the holy and divine dispositions of your maternal heart and your pure soul. Grant that, by your merits and prayers, my last thoughts, words, acts and breaths may be consecrated to the honor of the last thoughts, words, acts and breaths both of your Son and of yourself. Grant that I may die loving him with his holy love; that I may be utterly consumed and sacrificed to his glory; that my life may end with a last act of most pure love of him.
Prayer of St. John Eudes









Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alleluia, ALLELUIA,
A L L E L U I A ! ! !
JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN, ALLELUIA!!!

Hi, Rose~

Peace to you this Easter Monday.

Is this Jesus life size, Rose??? Wow, how incredible! Wish I could see more detail on Him.

At St. Albert the Great we had Jesus "in the tomb" in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. I've never cried so hard and so long in my life. The visual nailed home all the interior images and prayers. It is as if we are truly there and with Him. Poor sweet, innocent Jesus, our Savior!

In Christ, Ivi