Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catechism Quote


Catechism-#766
The Church is born primarily of Christ's total self-giving for our salvation, anticipated in the institution of the Eucharist and fulfilled on the cross. The origin and growth of the Church are symbolized by the blood and water which flowed from the open side of the crucified Jesus. For it was from the side of Christ as he slept the sleep of death upon the cross that there came forth the wondrous sacrament of the whole Church. As Eve was formed from the sleeping Adam's side, so the Church was born from the pierced heart of Christ hanging dead on the cross.


A Prayer of Trust


Response: Jesus, I place my trust in you


In all my temptations,
In all my weaknesses,
In all my difficulties,
In all my trials,
In all my sorrows,
In every failure,
In every disappointment,
In every discouragement,
In all my undertakings,
In life and in death,
In time and eternity.
O Jesus my prayer shall ever be: May Your holy will be done in all things, because I trust in You.
I will accept the crosses of life as I accept the joys, with a grateful heart, because I trust in You.
I will not be worried or anxious about anything, because I trust in You.
I will never lose heart in my efforts to be good, because I trust in You.
I will never doubt Your mercy or Your love, because I trust in You.
If you will have me be in darkness, may you be blessed.
If you wish to comfort me, may you be blessed.
If you wish that I be afflicted, may you be blessed.
Jesus, I trust in you!

Peace be with you!
Rosemarie, OCDS

No comments: